Re: Reg. setting Domain name on Cento 5 pc

Padmaja R wrote:
Hi all,

I am running centos 5.1 and I wish to change the domain name and dnsdomainname of my PC. currently the settings are--

$ hostname
sipx.com <http://sipx.com>
$ hostname --fqdn
sipx.com <http://sipx.com>
$ domainname
(none)
$ dnsdomainname
com

I have searched in the net for tips but everywhere only the hostname change is provided. I need to change/set the domain name and the dnsdomain name on my pc to sipx.com <http://sipx.com> and this should be a permanent one across system reboots. Please let me know how to do this. The domain name settings are required for a networking/ SIP telephony applications that I am running but it is internally in the LAN, so I think the name sipx.com <http://sipx.com> if chosen as my pc's domain name will not cause any conflict with the external domain names in the Internet.

Thank You
Edit /etc/sysconfig/network
Restart