Re: Newer GNOME than base release

MHR wrote:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you do not need CentOS for the reasons that most here use it then why
don't you use Fedora if that gives you what you want? No one will be angry
about you ;-)

Heh, heh, as in, don't let the door hit you on the way out?  :-}

<raspberry>

Yeah, I could jump ship, but I prefer the stability of a proven base,
which is why I use CentOS wherever I can, and we're moving in that
direction, corporately speaking, anyway.  Besides, I just couldn't
leave this community - where would you folks get all the laughs from
then?  :-)

actually ... it is POSSIBLE to use garnome to build a parallel version of Gnome for CentOS.

It is not easy, and CERTAINLY not supported, but if you google for:

garnome  centos

you will find some people who have done it :D