Re: Re: netboot, vnc and no keyboard/mouse/monitor

On 9-Jun-08, at 1:55 PM, Scott Silva wrote:

on 6-9-2008 12:55 PM dnk spake the following:
hey guys,
I just created a custom netboot cd, that launches and loads from a http source, but connects to a vnc listening viewer. All in all, not hard to do, but what is different with this one is that it skips the media check, has no prompts and allows you to start the install on a machine that has no keyboard/mouse/monitor. Was handy for me as when i have some boxes to load, I just plug in power and ethernet in the corner (or where ever I have room) and go through the install. I know it also works with a cd as a source (if you use it from cd 1), and assume it would also work with a DVD (have not tested yet).
If you would like it, I can add to the wiki if anyone would like it.
DNK
Please add this, as I never could get the media check skipped on a local CD install without a kickstart file.

Yeah that one was a real pain to get around. Well more of a pain due to hunting down the actual method.... the command is easy... once you know what it is.

dnk