Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 5:33 AM
Subject: Re: new install of 5.1 with KVM-over-IP - can'tinstallwith GUI - need assistance

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 00:50 +0300, Alon wrote:
> Hi Fabian,

> I can't use kickstart as I have diff configs for each server.
> The servers are rented out to my clients as dedicated servers.
> Each client has his own needs, so not much that I can do about this.
> Also, different servers with different hardware (diff size HDs), so
> just the partitioning by itself must be done manually.

Maybe this one task can be automated. When I was working on RAS for a
NAS, we had to be able to handle different HD configurations and sizes.
In the install/recovery image I generated on CD (this was several years
past), we used sfdisk to automatically partition the HDs. Using a fixed
"root" partition size, we calculated the rest of the disk as a % of
available for each desired partition. Worked great.

>  <snip>

HTH
--
Bill