Re: Web proxy/content filter w/ AD integration

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
I need to setup a proxy that does transparent auth to AD, does anyone
have experience or suggestions for a setup that will run in CentOS? I came
across an article on integrating Squid with Windows AD for auth but it
doesn't auth transparently (is that even possible?).
Yes it is and i've configured it several times . You have to use samba/winbind for that. It does it transparently in the way that for M$ Internet Explorer it will never ask a username/password , but it will for everything else. I've even wrote a 'small-and-quick-and-dirty' tutorial when i deployed it on CentOS 4.x ... (please note that it has surely to be updated .. ;-) ) : http://www.arrfab.net/?topic=tutorials&id=squid

--
- Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@xxxxxxxxxx>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by UPS/Fedex ..."