using windows ad accounts for centos 5

Hi I read and used the article http://blog.wazollc.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=2 to authenticate my ad accounts when logging on to cent 5…however, once I edit the nsswitch.conf file, I can’t even log on as root or any local users anymore. Kinit seems to initialize fine doing a kinit username@xxxxxxxxxxxx , however doing a getent passwd adusername ….it just sits there in the shell and does nothing. I actually had to put all files back to where they were before the change to even be able to login locally or use sudo.

I followed the steps line by line on this article but get stuck everytime….anyone has an idea or a better documented way of achieving what I am trying to do , please let me know.

Thanks,

Isaac