Re: 5.1 Anaconda Install Error

MHR wrote:
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm unable to install x86_64 on a host. The installer gets through the first
part, asking for install type and it begins loading the images from whatever
media was selected.

Then anaconda spills a series of cryptic messages ending in 'file not found'
and the console on F2 is locked up. I've tried this with physical DVD media,
PXE-HTTP and media-boot HTTP install. It happens every time.

This is a reinstall to this host. The weird thing is that I was able to
install to this host from this media previously.

I've seen the note at bugs.centos.org regarding an incorrect .discinfo file
but that doesn't seem to be it. The .diskinfo file:

1195929648.203590
Final
x86_64
1,2,3,4,5,6,7
CentOS/base
/home/buildcentos/CENTOS/5.1/en/x86_64/CentOS
CentOS/pixmaps

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

A little more detail, like what kind of hardware this is on, might help....

mhr

Sure. It's a Asus DSEB-DG motherboard with dual Xeon E5440 CPUS. 8 GB RAM. All the storage is via a 3Ware 9650SE RAID controller.

I didn't provide the details because it was strange that the installation failed at the same point regardless of the booting method I used. It felt like some basic mistake or mis-setting in the OS. But hey, I've been wrong before.

I'm in the process of downloading a whole new DVD image even though the current image passes the SHA1 checksums.

Kirk Bocek