Re: FW: Partitioning help

Rajeev R. Veedu wrote:
Hi,

I have Centos server 4.5 with 3.3TB raid disk on a 3 ware controller. Now the problem is that I am not able to see the partition in full since it shows only 1.2TB.

I have created a partition with Parted and (GNU PARTED) and I have seen it is 3.3 T there. However I have to make this partition on ext3 with make2efs –j /dev/sda1 and after the formatting it went to 1.2T.

Could someone help me to address this issue by suggesting a proper partitioning utility which does this for me?. It is a production server on which 2 hdd had been failed and I need to make it up and running ASAP.

Any suggestion and help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

*Rajeev R. Veedu*

Rajeev,

Make sure you have the disk label set to gpt. When using parted, use the mklabel option.

HTH,

Monty