Re: Burning DVD with upgrade of cdrtools for cdrecord

Thanks, it is burning at this moment! I appreciate the heads-up!

-- Dexter

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Robert <kerplop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dexter Stowers wrote:
I am having problems burning DVD's from commandline. I was wondering if anyone else has had any luck using cdrecord-2.01 and cdrtools that is supposed to add DVD support? Thanks!

--  Dexter

Not the tool you asked about but if you have already created the iso file:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=filename.iso

will do nicely.

man growisofs and scroll down to the EXAMPLES section for creating the iso on the fly.

-- Dexter Fitzgerald Stowers
Systems Programmer I
Systems Administrator Unix/Linux Systems
142 Freeman Hall
College of Engineering and Sciences
GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, RHCT, RHCE

POLITICS n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles
    --Ambrose Bierce