Re: IPTables help

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
On Saturday 24 May 2008 10:25:41 Robert Spangler wrote:
On Friday 23 May 2008 21:31, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
 Actually I have written a small tutorial on iptables, but I haven't
translated it into english. I'll let you know when it's done. Hopefully
it will be useful for others.
Please have someone, or for that matter a few people, who have a good
understanding of firewalls look over your tutorial before it is published.
While you show a basic understanding of how firewalls work you lack the
knowledge of true security.  Just my observation.

You observation is most welcome, Robert. By all mean, I'm surely not an expert. Just someone who wants to help other by guiding a little 1 or 2 tiny steps along the great jungle of Linux knowledge. Everyday is a lesson for me. So, if you please, I really want to know what true security is.
Thank you.

Fajar,

There is already an iptables tutorial on the Wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables

Rather than reinventing the wheel, perhaps you would like to take a look at that and consider contributing and/or helping to improve it if you see areas that you consider are weak.

Regards,

Ned