COBOL

Just curious, maybe some old timers could help me out. I am working with a company that is migrating 20 years of Mainframe Software Development to Unix, HPUX. How much harder would it be to go to Linux, Centos Linux?

Also, anyone have any experience with Fujitsu Cobol on Centos? The Fujitsu people only support Red Hat, and said I'd be on my own with Centos. In other words if it works, then I don't care about Fujitsu support.

I know some of you are thinking, did someone say "COBOL"? Nobody uses COBOL anymore! If so, let me say "You are wrong". Many large corporations are taking their old business logic that was written in COBOL decades ago, and moving it to new modern platforms, like Linux. Programatically giving these applications a GUI face-lift, while maintaining their original business logic. I know because many companies pay me to do just that. I have a client that wants to use Centos Linux with Fujistu Cobol, and Fujitsu says it's gotta be Red Hat, any help will much appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Michael Anderson,
J3k Solutions