Re: CentOS-DS

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Johnny Hughes wrote:
I am looking at deploying a directory server in a small network.
Currently looking at Fedora-ds and I noticed that CentOS is currently
working on one. Does anyone know if the CentOS-DS is working well at
However, if I were you, I would look at freeipa:
http://freeipa.org/

Just adding to what Johnny already said, the CentOS-DS is a rebuild of
the commerical Redhat Directory Service, and it does work. And yes, its
a good time to start looking at freeipa.org as well - but if you do, its
also a good time to start working on some binary packages for freeipa
that work with CentOS-4/5 and getting a wiki page up with a howto :D

There is also Sun Directory Server which is completely free.