OT: Top Posting

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Les Mikesell wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever seen the words 'easy' and 'pine' used in the same sentence before. Pine has to have the most counterintuitive interface known to man.

I usually hold the shift key down while using the down-arrow to move over the parts to remove which will select/highlight it, hit delete at the end of the irrelevant part, arrow on down past the relevant context to add my response below it, repeating if there is more than one section continuing in the conversation.

There's the problem, Les !! -- the pine (now, alpine) editor, pico, does not work that way. Fortunately, [al]pine will honor an EDITOR environment variable for those preferring a different editor, so one can go nuts, and even, say, use emacs.

- Russ herrold