Re: OpenSSL/SSH Bug on Debian - Compromised key pairs

Clint Dilks wrote:
Hi People,

I know this may seem off topic, but I thought for those of us who might have Debian users generating key pairs that they put on CentOS systems people should be aware that

everybody who generated a public/private keypair or an SSL
cert request on Debian or Ubuntu from 2006 on is vulnerable

http://it.slashdot.org/it/08/05/13/1533212.shtml

I've been following this story too after reading about it on SANS Internet Storm Center:

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=4414

I wonder how far reaching this is. One wonders if any of the trusted root CAs have issued vulnerable certs as a result.