Re: A couple of CentOS 5.1 issues

On May 14, 2008, at 9:37 AM, Alfred von Campe wrote:

Second (and this is probably OT), I use the binary nVidia driver and the keyboard and mouse sharing utility Synergy (http:// synergy2.sourceforge.net, a fantastic utility without which I would be so much less productive). Since upgrading to CentOS 5, if the nVidia card goes into powersave mode, it can not be woken up by moving the cursor from the Synergy server to the Synergy client display (in this case, the CentOS 5.1 systems); you have to hit a key on the keyboard that's physically attached to the CentOS 5 system to wake it up. Is there a way to have the display wake up when the cursor is moved into the client display? Or at least disable this "deep sleep" mode on the nVidia cards? I have not changed the hardware or the version of the nVidia driver when upgrading from CentOS 4.6 to CentOS 5.1, and I did not have this issue before the upgrade.

This may well be an upstream issue; I have recently begun to encounter the same problem on a RHEL 5.1 workstation, using Synergy and nVidia binary packages from rpmforge (synergy-1.3.1-2.el5.rf, nvidia-x11-drv-1.0.9755-1.nodist.rf).

I first started seeing this issue last week, after a reboot; unfortunately I'm not sure off the top of my head which packages I had recently updated. Before last week the desired behavior (the display waking from sleep upon mouse movement) was present.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v