Recover ICH9R raid5

I have a raid5 on an onboard ICH9R FAKERAID. I was booting into windows and windows crashed as it sometimes does, which put my array into a degraded step. At some point before the array finished rebuilding I unplugged one of the drives and forgot to plug it back in. When I booted up the system, it told me that the array was now failed. I plugged the drive back in, but the array stays as failed and offers me no option to repair it. I heard that dmraid supports ICH9R raid. Is there any way to get the data off of there? When I try to use dmraid of a knoppix live cd it complaints about an unsupported map state 0x2. I heard there was a patch http://people.redhat.com/heinzm/sw/dm/dm-raid45/, but I'm not sure how to apply that to a LiveCD. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can recover the data? Maybe I can just change the metadata and force it to boot the array?
Russ