Re: Re: Yum + priorities plugin question

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 07:54:11AM -0700, jleaver+centos@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've recently started using the priorities plugin as part of my best
practices.  It's very effective, and prevents nasty things from
happening (like atrpms upgrading python and disabling yum.)

When did ATrpms replace python and I didn't notice?
Er... I don't have exact dates, it was last year, and a rash of my servers all figured they oughtta get new python, yum, and rpms from the atrpms repo. Only, they botched it, and I had to manually downgrade. Not sure why. Sorry, no intention to bash atrpms! I use the repo extensively for your lovely amavisd-new & friends stack, cpan rpms, and other stuffs. I should have been less general.

Sincerely,

Jacob