Re: case insensitive file system

Steven R. Ringwald wrote:
On Wednesday 30 April 2008 07:29:25 am Ruslan Sivak wrote:
Jim Perrin wrote:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Ruslan Sivak <russ@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does the entire filesystem need to be case insensitive, or is this a
web based product, where you can do some apache rewrite-fu to make
this work instead?
It is a web based product, but I'm not sure rewriterules would help.
Lets say it's something like this

http://www.domain.com/index.php?action=foo

And inside index.php it does something like

<? include($_GET['page'].".php") ?>

This is a gross simplification, but it's my understanding that if the
file was named 'foo.php' and someone typed in

http://www.domain.com/index.php?action=Foo

It would still work on windows, but not on linux because of case
sensitivity.

there is always strtolower and strtoupper, since you are using PHP.

Steve

I'm not using PHP, this was just an example. I am considering using something like strtolower, but then I would have to have all the included files in lowercase, and I believe they are in camelcase now.

Russ