Re: sendmail and cups gets installed although not chosen in kickstart file

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> How can I find out what forced them (and probably many other unwanted
> packages) on the installation?
> I thought maybe "rpm -q --whatrequires sendmail" would tell me, but it
> doesn't. Nothing requires it. Same for cups. So, why did it get installed?

cups gets pulled in by the redhat-lsb package which has /usr/bin/lpr as
a requirement.

sendmail is in the core group. If you kickstart, you can say

-sendmail
postfix

in your package section to exclude sendmail from getting installed. You
don't want to exclude the redhat-lsb package, as that pulls in loads of
needed software during the installation.

Cheers,

Ralph