Re: Re: How to create static routes on startup with CentOS4?

Eric B. wrote:
The last question then is if there is a way to add "ip rule" rules to specify which routing table to use based on packet information.
ex:  ip rule add fwmark 3 table 3

Are any of the network scripts able to handle this as well?

sadly, the RHEL networking scripts are still rooted in the old school ipconfig methods, rather than the newer ip addr / ip route / ... functionality. if I'm going to do that level of routing, I pretty much setup the RHOS/CentOS stuff just to setup the basic interfaces, then roll my own script, typically launched from /etc/rc.d/rc.local or maybe in a proper init.d script.