Re: GNOME issue. Seeking Guidance.

Christy.New@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If there is anyone who has experianced this, can you please give me further
guidance.  I have tried everything below, and still can not get anything to
come up with GNOME.  Strangest thing.  Somehow, it worked prior to
installing the centos updates and Zenoss's Network Monitoring utility.  Now
I can't get it to work to save my life.......Not quite sure were to start
looking......

well, if it works before you did X & Y, then either X or Y probably broke it, so I'd probably try to back out Y and see if its OK. Of course, its also possible backing out Y doesn't quite return it to the state it was in prior to the installation of Y, whereupon the next thing to try would be starting over, clean install the base system, verify functionality, install X (the centos updates) and verify functionality, then try Y (Zenoss) again... if it breaks only after that last step, the logical conclusion is that something Zenoss did broke it, whereupon I'd have to suggest going back to that community rather than this one.