Re: Centos issues

on 4-14-2008 11:09 AM Ross S. W. Walker spake the following:
Dag Wieers wrote:
On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, William L. Maltby wrote:

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 16:56 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, hamood Iqbal wrote:

<snip>

but if i cant solve it i will switch back to suse.
Did you consider it to be unfriendly to compare one project with another
and threaten to go back if you don't get an answer.

Did you consider it to be unfriendly to imply that the problems you have
are caused by CentOS and not by an action of yourself ?

To be honest, I personally wouldn't mind if you would go back using
OpenSUSE because we do not need a community of whiners that lacks any
social skills.

But if you intend to stay and be part of the CentOS community, I hope you
can change your attitude.
Geez folks! Let's have a little thicker skin. Nothing wrong, IMO, with
what was posted. OP was just sharing a strategic decision that might be
made. I found nothing offensive there.
A "strategic decision" is the last thing that pops up in my mind when reading that mail.

You don't switch distributions because you cannot solve something (or because people are not helping you to solve something). Especially not if it is something that a Google search could have helped you with.

But apparently it works to mention switching distributions :)

Maybe I should go back to Slackware ?

Who cares what the OP does. He can pour gasoline on his computer,
light it on fire while dancing around it naked chanting Gobe-Gobe-Gobe
for all I care.

Hey, that is how I clean the spyware from Windows PC's! I better get my patent filed ... ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and