Re: ssl and NameVirtualHost

On Apr 9, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

Tony Schreiner wrote on Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:22:22 -0400:

It however doesn't seem to be working the way I've set it up,
browsers connect but are told the certiticate is not recognized.

Unfortunately, the most important information is missing from your
explanation: please give the exact URL, so one can see the *actual*
message and the actual certificate. From first "sight" it looks like the
site is not using the certificate you think it uses.

FYI: You can have *one* certificate per IP address. It doesn't matter if name-based or not. (So, if you want to have 5 name-based SSL virtual hosts you have to use the same certificate for all of them. That's obviously not
the case for you.)

Kai

I was under the (obviously mistaken) impression that one certificate per hostname was the rule. and I created the certificate with the hostname I want to use; which is resolvable; and reachable with regular http over port 80. And that is the only SSL enabled site I want to use on this server.

Getting multiple IP addresses on my server will require a change of plan of action for me; but may be possible.

Tony