Re: Server Shut Down!!!!

I have a serious problem on one of my servers running CentOS 5!!!

The problem started this way,

I wanted to store some data under /home and I got an error message
saying it is in the read only mode

So I rebooted the machine,

Then I see this serious error messages at boot time (I am unable to
boot)

Here is the Error Message!!!

*** Error occurred during the file system check.

*** Dropping you to shell; the system will reboot

*** when you leave the shell

Give root password for maintenance

(or type control D to continue):

Bash: dircolors: command not found

Bash: /usr/bin/id: No such file or directory

Bash: [:=: unary operator expected

(Repair filesystem)1 #

I would boot off CD1 or the Install DVD and boot into rescue mode, and check /var/log/messages for any hard drive errors. If there are hard drive errors, I would copy the data off, and then use e2fsck against the partition(s) in question.

Barry