Re: Apache Authorization Access Control - location of htpasswd in Centos 5.1?

on 4-6-2008 6:59 PM Pam Astor spake the following:
 > > /passwd/passwords
 > > >
 > > > That rather sounds like the path /passwd/passwords does not exist or
 > > is not
 > > > writable.
 > > >

 > > Well, I just tried chomd 777 passwords and still the same problem.
 >
 > Can you show us what the result of the
 >
 > ls -l /passwd/passwords
 >
 > command is?
Thanks for asking there, actually the problem has been solved, I deleted the passwords dir and chmoded 777 the passwd dir and the unsername and password were created
by htpasswd.
That was your problem. /passwd/passwords should have been a file, not a directory.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and