Re: Re: MS Exchange Replacement

Jason Pyeron wrote:

I use Zimbra OS Edition with more than 300 users, Ajax and HTML capable
and very easy to setup. Looks >professional in terms of interface. Good
community too. The only problem is that it was bought by Yahoo >which is
planning to buy by M$, but since OS version was GPL, then I assume that
the project will continue >even after acquired by M$. Maybe.

I was hoping for Mobile support which it looks like the OS version of
Zimbra doesn't have. Regardless, I should have been more clear in that I
am not concerned about GPL compliancy but meant free when I said open
source.

That is the very same reason, we needed our BES (blackberry) server to work.

Why do you need anything special to support mobile users these days? Most internet-enabled phones will do IMAP and SMTP over ssl just like everybody else. If the server and phone both support the IMAP IDLE command, you get real-time push email, otherwise you have to poll for it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx