RE: Apache Authorization Access Control - locationofhtpasswd in Centos 5.1?

>>>I think you only need to create the directory /passwd, then use 'touch' to create the file, passwords
>>>Thanks Thomas,
>>
>>Not familiar with the "touch" command, can you point me to info on it, or show
>>the command syntax?
>Not sure if htpasswd creates the password file.  If not, the as root, run:  touch passwords ,in the  /passwd directory.  It will be an empty file, but the 'htpasswd -c' should create this for you.
>I think you have a permissions problem so if you create the passwrds file with touch, you probably won't be able to add the password to it using htpasswd either.
>Where are you creating these directories?  In the past when I used this, my passwd directory was /var/www/passwd/

I created /passwd/passwords in the main directory / and then ran the /usr/bin/htpasswd -c /passwd/passwords  famsite command.
I chmoded 777 the passwords dir so I don't think that's the problem.  I'm doing this as root.

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started!