Re: CentOS 5.2

Travis Fraser wrote:
On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 08:57 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
If I read correctly - the 5.2 release will have xen 3.0

Does that mean I will be able to run vista as guest operating system?
I seem to remember reading that vista could be run under xen 3.0

I have found instructions for installing XP under xen 3.0 in Debian, so I'm hoping it vista on CentOS 5.2 will also be possible ??

There's only a small handful of apps I need/want - but they don't do well under wine (IE garmin software for putting maps on my GPS) - and I don't want to dual boot.

Why not use vmware or virtualbox? Either would work fine. You would need
to do an install of Windows anyway into the virtual machine, right?

vmware is an option but I've seen a lot of issues where kernel updates break it and you have to keep running an older kernel until a fix is issued.

virtualbox I had not heard of - but it looks like the free version isn't fully functional (IE some USB device issues). I may try it - hopefully the serial port works because I must have working serial port (for communication with my garmin).