A few questions regarding CentOS (5.0)

Hello list,

I'm a former Trustix User (were active in that community since the very first betas), and now that my dear distro is dead, I'm looking to make a switch..

Several people recommended CentOS, so I decided to give it a spin..
I installed one new server with 5.0 a few months back, and I do have a couple of questions..

- Why does the screen flicker on and off several times during boot and when logging in? - Why does floppy.so get loaded? I have no floppy, and having floppy.so loaded while installing certain packages is dreadfully slow. - When I chose a pure console environment, without any X11 stuff, why did a bunch of gnome packages get installed? - Is it possible to get a php-mssql package? -I need this if I'm going to use CentOS at work..

I think that's it for now..

--
Cheers,
Morten