Re: Re: new CentOS5.1, samba help requested

Like John, I fought long and hard to get user share working. I read Eeverything I could, including buying Samba3 by Example. In the end I admitted defeat and went back to shares.

Anne
As the powers that be are starting to get very restless, I'm inclined to do that as well, but I'd really like to get this going properly with authentication by unix permissions.

I do appreciate all the replies and will keep at it.

Thanks again, all for what's been offered and, I hope, what's to come :)

-Ray