Re: Re: new CentOS5.1, samba help requested

Anne Wilson wrote:

Like John, I fought long and hard to get user share working. I read Eeverything I could, including buying Samba3 by Example. In the end I admitted defeat and went back to shares.

If you really want a public share with no authentication at all, share mode is probably the best approach. If everyone that should have access is logged into a windows domain anyway, you can transparently accept this authentication and either keep their user id (as for a home directory share) or force it or their group id into something that gives common r/w access to a share. You can also do the latter with explicit logins against uses in the smbpasswd file.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx