Thank you all for helping on this.  Centos seems to have a great community.

regards,

-Hui

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:24 AM, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

bourbon can be good... xmas cooking!!
although.. rum cakes aren't bad either...

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Scott Silva
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:52 AM
To: centos@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Intel SATA controller (cmiiw) not recognized by
Centos 5.1 installation?

on 3-19-2008 8:34 AM bruce spake the following:
> hey scott...
>
> are you sure about the installation of windows drivers, not affecting
the installation of linux. aren't there a number of cases where in order to
install hardware on linux, you 1st need the windows drivers?

> might it be possible that the article/advice the poster was following was with
regards to obtaining drivers for the sata controller/drive to be used under
linux??

Anything is possible, but I actually did read the article, so that doesn't
apply here. It was to get an AHCI driver for XP on a certain asus MB for speed
reasons.
I try to not talk out of my behind unless I happen to get into the bourbon
first, but that is also not the case here.
And needing to download a windows driver for some kind of emulation like
ndiswrapper doesn't mean you need to install it in windows, or even have a
copy of windows.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and