Re: How to prevent installer using disk labels?

Tony Mountifield wrote:
Is there any way, when installing CentOS (or any RH-based distro),
to prevent it from using disk labels in /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/grub.conf,
and to force it to just use the actual device names?

I dont think there is any sane way, in either the C4 or C5 installers. If you do find a way to do that, let me know.

There is presently a conversation going on with the anaconda developers about dropping labelling completely, but that might be a long time before we see that in EL / CentOS released distros

For testing purposes, I am installing two different CentOS versions in
different partitions, and am having to change from labels to device names
by hand, and re-label the disks, in order to avoid the boot process getting
confused between the filesystems.

you could always just change fstab, perhaps a sneaky script in %post of the kickstart to do the hard work for you ?

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219@icq