Re: Way to not page swap programs

you can set vm.swappiness=0 in /etc/sysctl.conf that will do just about that. if your programs get a leak though you really do want the system to be able to swap or OOM might nuke them anyway. If you are really concerned about this make sure you have plenty of ram in the machine and set swappiness to zero.

Others may have other tweaks suggestions..:)

Jerry Geis wrote:
Is there a way to tell linux "dont ever swap out my program"...

Like perhaps a list of programs (some setup file) that if any program in my file listing is running dont
consider the program when looking for something to swap out?

Does anything like that exist?

Thanks,

Jerry

Registered Microsoft Partner