Re: remote command execution

Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
I won't allow rsh to contact my CentOS machines. ssh, ssl, http, but no rsh. Too insecure, especially from a Windows machine.

Rsh uses only the source IP for authentication - which might be OK on well firewalled internal networks but it generally is not used these days. The same concept will work from ssh too, where you can use keys for passwordless access. Just
ssh host 'nohup command &'

On the other hand, if you'd like to be able to reconnect later with the same things running, you might set up freenx and use the NX client to connect. That way you get a complete GUI desktop session that you can suspend (with everything still running) and connect back later.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx