Re: User creation problem

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Saturday 15 March 2008 14:17, Jim Perrin wrote:
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Anne Wilson

<cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
system-config-users  is giving me a problem.  I need to create a user
 called 'groupware', without a home directory, and belonging only to a
 non-privileged group.  I can create the user, but it sets it to belong
to the group 'users'.  When I try to set its default to 'nobody' and
delete the 'users' entry it tells me that I must enter a home directory.

 How can I get around this?
That's helpful, thanks. It is for handling imap under kontact, so I've created the group groupware and left it as a member of that group. I think that will be OK, but I'll have to see when I've got the rest of it set up :-)

Anne
As a side note to what craig said. I to use /dev/null to give my other
stations a user account so as to add them to the samba user file.
Without giving them an home dir.
HTH