Re: Migrate Outlook Express mail to Thunderbird?

Jeff Larsen wrote:

Taking a different approach than others...

Load them back into Outlook Express on a Windows box. Open a gmail
account and enable it for IMAP access. Configure Outlook Express for
gmail/IMAP and copy the messages to gmail folders. Configure T-Bird on
CentOS for gmail/IMAP and copy from gmail to Local Folders. Hopefully
you don't have several Gigs of messages. If you already have an IMAP
enabled mail account somewhere else, you could use that too.

no need for gmail if he has a machine that can run an imap server (dovecot, courier, ...), as this would be faster.

and yes, if the mailbox is large, that'll take a loooooong time. I don't know which outlook* variants can copy multiple folders at once. Last time I had to do this, I needed to copy folders one at a time and when I reached the last folder, I left the machine for one day... (that was with some outlook 200?).