From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx <centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri Mar 07 17:44:15 2008
Subject: Re: Unable open raw socket in CentOS 5 - SE Linux and kernelcapability interaction?

What are your current SELinux settings??

cat /etc/selinux/config

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
# enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
# permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
# disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=permissive
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
# targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
# strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
SETLOCALDEFS=0