Re: some help on mrepo please

Dag Wieers wrote:
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

I have got CentOS 5.0 i386 & x86_64 DVD's, and CentOS 5.1 i386 & x86_64 CD1, where do I copy these? I have setup /etc/mrepo.conf.d/centos5.conf with both i386 & x86_64 arch, but how will mrepo know that CentOS 5.0 & CentOS 5.1 are different?

Answer:

    If you want support for both CentOS 5.0 and CentOS 5.1, you need
    to create 2 config files, one for each. (You could also put them
    in the same)

    centos-5.0.conf and centos-5.1.conf

    If you also want the extra repositories on both, you can work with
    internal links, or download it twice.

Thanx, I figured as much, seeing that each version has it's own repo on the mirrors.
I have run mrepo -vv -u to see what it does, but it seems like it's going to download every file from the CentOS repositories. Where do I copy the rpm's that I have already downloaded to? For example, all the rpm's in /var/cache/*/packages folders?

The location is in /etc/mrepo.conf defined as "srcdir = /var/mrepo". You can opt to change this to wherever you want, or make a symlink from /var/mrepo to wherever you want. There is a strict structure underneath that directory.

I have already changed that to my network shared folders, and I'm busy downloading the scripts now. Am I on the right track if I copy files from existing servers / machines' /var/cache/yum/*/packages to the corresponding folders on in the mrepo source folders?
Another way to find the answer to this question is to run mrepo with more -v's like mrepo -vvvvv, so that you can exactly see what it is doing.

Or you could opt to read the documentation that ships with mrepo that explains all of this as well.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com