Re: looking for kernel sources

<snip>
VirtualBox' error log said "can't find kernel source" - that's the wording they used, so I just used what it said :)
And your comparison to cars is not completely correct. It is not
buying a car and changing the tires. Replacing a kernel is like
replacing the engine of a car. And I don't see the company that made
that car still service it if it does not contain their engine.
That is because their install script is looking for /usr/src/linux to be a symlink to the current source. But the newer versions of the OS don't create that link anymore, and it is up to the user or the software to evolve along with it.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and