Re: error creating Centos 5.1 x32 dum_U instance on CentOS 5.1 x64

That's incorrent. I have three Rhel5.1 x86_64 xenhosts with different 32 bits domU, centos 5.1, centos 5.0 and rhel5.1 included ...

I think that problem is selinux. In redhat docs explains that domU needs to reside on /var/lib/xen if you use selinux. You can try to disable selinux (/etc/sysconfig/selinux) and all works ok.

I have got selinux disabled.

Are you sure?? Then, why on your /var/log/messages selinux errors appears??

Ok, I've disabled selinux (again) and rebooted, but still get the same error:

Welcome to CentOS

        +------------------+ Package Installation +------------------+
        |  Name   :                                                  |
        |  Size   :                                                  |
        |  Status:+---------+ Install Starting +----------+          |
        |         |                                       |          |
        |         | Starting install process.  This may   |          |
        |         | take several minutes...               |          |
        |         |                                       |   Time   |
        |   Total +---------------------------------------+          |
        |   Complet                                                  |
        |   Remaining:                  355       575M               |
        |                             0%                             |

sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done
disabling swap...
       /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
unmounting filesystems...
       /mnt/runtime done
       disabling /dev/loop0
       /proc done
       /dev/pts done
       /sys done
       /tmp/ramfs done
       /selinux done
       /mnt/sysimage/boot done
       /mnt/sysimage/sys done
       /mnt/sysimage/proc done
       /mnt/sysimage/selinux done
       /mnt/sysimage/dev done
       /mnt/sysimage done
rebooting system
Restarting system.
Guest installation complete... restarting guest.
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err "Error creating domain: Boot loader didn't return any data!") exception was: virDomainCreate() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err "Error creating domain: Boot loader didn't return any data!")
Domain installation may not have been
successful.  If it was, you can restart your domain
by running 'virsh start vm02'; otherwise, please
restart your installation.

This time it didn't see a package from the network server, and I told it to reboot, just to see what happens....

What controls the boot loader that it's complaining about?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com