From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx <centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed Feb 27 07:12:04 2008
Subject:  Xen or VMWARE on CentOS 5

Does anyone out there have a comprehensive tutorial on installing VMware and successfully managing virtual machines with either xen or vmware?

Hi Ross

I'm looking for the same thing, but you have "stirred" somethings up in me.

If I want to setup CentOS 5.1 64bit, and make it a XEN host, then install CentOS 5.0 / FreeBSD 6.0 / Fedora Core 7 32bit guests on it, would it work well?

And if you say it needs to be pre-compiled, can you please tell me howto do this? What / which files do I need, and how do I get them to work on a 64bit CentOS 5.1? Currently I'm busy creating a custom installation CD for CentOS 5.1 64bit, and would like to then include the re-compiled XEN components in my kickstart. The installation CD installs the bare minimum for CentOS to run as an OS, since we're using cPanel - which installs the rest

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
CEO, SoftDux

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com