Re: centos 5.1 install , 3ware raid card...

Tom Bishop wrote:
Installing a new system using a 3ware card, raid 5 across 4 disks, partition, format went smothly and loaded the apps that I need, but for some reason it appears grub was not installed, or not completely. I am wanting to boot from the array, when installing grub on the loader it asks whether to install MBR on the first partition. Should I use the partition instead of the MBR? When I boot up in rescue mode and go to /boot/grub all I see is splash....no other files. Any suggestions would be welcome...thanks.

I will guess you've splurged on four 750GB drives...?

Check on your partitioning, possibly using a tool like gparted. Very large partitions are not supported by MSDOS-style partition tables, you possibly want to look into a different partition formatting utility...gpt.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-February/074986.html

Jed