Re: dovecot/procmail w/maildir format?

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Saturday 23 February 2008 01:12:28 Kenneth Porter wrote:
--On Friday, February 22, 2008 9:48 PM +0000 Anne Wilson

<cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know of any convenient way if you are talking huge amounts.  I
simply  created maildir folders to match each of the mbox ones, just
slightly  modifying the name, and moved the messages into the new boxes.
Finally I  deleted the old boxes and renamed the new ones.
What did you use to "move" the message?

Drag'n Drop in kmail

If you are going from one machine to another, the user can connect to both accounts and drag between them, but they have to rebuild the folder structure manually.

The Dovecot wiki mentions a plugin that will do a conversion when a user logs in. http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Convert That looks like it might be the handiest way but I haven't tried it and don't know how well it meshes with concurrent deliveries already being done in the new format.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/MailFormat has other conversion tools.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx