Re: popular open source forum software?

Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:
Hi,

 I plan to setup an forum for my friend and his
friends shortly. But before I setup, I would like to
know what are the popular open source forum
software/packages to look at..

Please advise. Thanks.

Whatever you choose, be very careful of third party plugins and watch the security notices.

Bulletin Boards are notorious for poor code that allows various types of hacks from simple defacing to full blown compromise - especially the third party plugins to the various bulletin board software.