Re: Re: system gets suspended automatically!

Chandra wrote:
Well, I don't have much idea but when the kernel detects multiple
cpus, the "irq=poll" entry should be added by default. It may be
useful in solving a lot of such problems (well, just a thought) (-__^)

I'm not familiar with the actual impact of that option, but I'm guessing it could be a real hit on IO performance in systems doing lots of network and disk operations?

most of my centos systems are multiprocessor and I've not had to set that flag on any of them. they are mostly used for network middleware and database development and often run heavily saturated with IO workloads.