Re: package 'synchronization' for multiple systems

On Feb 7, 2008 1:14 PM, Tim Alberts <talberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm setting up multiple systems and ideally I want the same package
> configuration on all of them.  So I'm going through yum and rpm queries
> manually to try and get this done.  There must be a better way.  Is
> there a way to use yum or rpm to configure multiple systems with the
> same packages?

What I've done (and I'm on the lookout for a better way) is to right a
script that uses ssh to run yum on each machine.

If there is a way to query yum for the list of installed packages,
that might suffice.  Query each computer for the list of installed
packages, get the union of those lists, and install that on each
machine.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with yum to know if this is possible.

Mike