Re: Megraid SAS virtual disc question

nate wrote:
Joseph L. Casale wrote:
Hi,
Is there something OS related (CentOS 5.1) I would need to do for a CLI
created array to become visible to the OS after the array is created and
initialized? I don't want to reboot...

If your not currently using the array, you may be able to unload
the module and reload it.

If the devices from that array show up as SCSI devices you may be
able to interface with the /proc/scsi/scsi interface to add the new
volume

cat /proc/scsi/scsi

and use

echo "scsi add-single-device X X X X" >/proc/scsi/scsi

if I'm not mistaken, thats deprecated in kernel 2.6, the proc interface is no longer supposed to be used for that sort of thing, there's a new /sys mechanism. IIRC< that worked in RHEL3, but not in RHEL4, at least not with various system provided FC drivers I tried it with.