Re: centos 5.0/5.1 nfs kickstart

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Adam Miller wrote:

According to these docs an MTU can be specified in the kickstart script. It doesn't say much more than that though.

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-options.html

The reason for nfs and an mtu of 4500 is complicated and not in my control. This is being used in a beowulf cluster environment.

The process I'm following is currently working for kickstarting Fedora Core 4 installs, so I am hopeful it will work in centos.

Adam

Getting this thread back on track...

The problem seems to be that when syslinux hands over control to the anaconda image, anaconda (specifically /sbin/loader) blows away the mtu... I'm guessing that it actually does set the mtu, then resets the interface (in our case, a broacom 5704 using tg3) and thus instantly forgets the mtu change.

If in the syslinux kernel args I pass a static ip/netmask/mtu to the kernel, it works appropriately.

Oddly, when starting the kickstart, after the ks.cfg file it will
dhcp AND it seems remember the mtu setting.

Thanks,
Paul