Re: centos 5.0/5.1 nfs kickstart

nate wrote:

Doesn't this take a considerable amount of setup work on the server side
per-distro/per-version?  For NFS you only have to download images into
directories under an nfs export.

It takes a bit of work, mount the iso image, copy contents to a directory,
repeat for the rest. I like the contents of the images exposed, so if I
need to find stuff later it's pretty easy. Initial setup time is about
15 minutes.

That's 15 minutes wasted as far as I'm concerned - plus it probably took you a lot longer the first time and you've duplicated the disk space. Getting the contents of an nfs-shared iso is as simple as loopback mounting it - in the unlikely event that you'd want to.

So yeah, takes some time, but for me it's peanuts in comparison to
what else has to be done to make the distribution "perfect".

But what's the point, when the installer knows how to deal with images directly and if you want a package later you'll probably let yum get a current version from the repositories anyway?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx